Sep 4, 2009

Martinis or Diaper Genies?

It's Friday!!! And I've invited one of my very favorite bloggers here to meet you and tell you a little more about herself. Let me just tell you that she and I are two peas in a pod. And even though she's a brand new blogger, she has the ability to crack me up everyday. Seriously! Sometimes I'm laughing so hard that my co-workers will pop their heads in my office to see what is so funny.

When you're done finding out more about my featured blogger, stop on over to her blog to see my post! Enjoy!
PhotobucketPhotobucket


Well hello glamorous world. I am Amanda and it’s glamorous to meet you.

I write a little blog called Martinis or Diaper-Genies. You may have read about it on CNN or the NY Times or just not at all because that’s only happened in my mind. Over at MODG we talk about the ultimate decision most of us make at some point, between babies and the selfish life. My values currently reside heavily with my DVR, red wine, and fighting an ultimate war with the fat gods who literally force pizza down my throat.


Yes I’m afraid too.

Now you may be saying to yourself, “Amanda, you are clearly not ready for a baby” to which I would respond “no shit, I am a hot mess.” But I cannot, for the life of me, no matter what, explain the desire I have to track my basal temperature (used for tracking eggs and baby things), look a little too long at friend’s baby pictures, or internet stalk Suri Cruise (ok that may be another issue all together).
I mean, come on. How can you not want to know what she bought for fall?

Some of my concerns:
1) What will our child look like? Can I honestly deal with a troll baby if that is the path that is chosen for me?
2) Will I ever be skinny again? Don’t judge, I never claimed to be Michelle Duggar.
3) Can I go 9 months without alcohol? Still with the judging….
4) Will I be able to afford the shoes and bags I love so much ever again?

B is my husband. B likes sports, beer and farting. I let B get away with the farting because he’s pretty hot and overall good guy. B says no baby for now as a result of the quality of my concerns listed above. B is pretty sensible about most things and has a part time job rolling his eyes at me.
OK, it’s actually the head of Cole Hamels, not my husband. Whatever.

So I would love if you would stop by the ol’ blog. Hang out, have some guac with us and weigh in on my life. Stick around for a chat about Britney, how J.Crew rapes me of my money or Tuesdays with “The Single Guy”. I’ll be looking for you. Tell them that Glamour Girl sent you and you’ll get a free taco.

9 comments:

sarah said...

Amanda, please stop telling people you stalk Suri Cruise. Someone is going to call Child Protective Services on your ass.

Glamour Girl, I admire your bravery for letting her post. Also, do you know the proper term for backing up to an earlier part of a DVD if that is not called rewinding?

I Love Brownies said...

You're both a riot!! What fun reads!

Tuesday Taylor said...

Honey, you're never really going to be ready for a baby. Baby will change you only if you allow it to. In the blink of an eye, I'm mama to a 7th grader and 10th grader! Dahh-yumm! But I'm still the same 'ol crazy gal I was when I was your age!

Debbie said...

You guys are great! I'll have to go check it out. She raises some of my same concerns!

Beth Dunn said...

Very fun! Love your blog. xoxo

JennyMac said...

Too funny. Cheers ladies!

Unknown said...

I love martinis or diaper genies. I'd say more, but if I did, I might have to kill you.

Leah Rubin said...

Love it-- but like I don't already spend enough time reading blogs, now I'm checking out the adorable MODG!

I guess I can squeeze in one more fun read per day! (I expect people to do it for me, too!)

Rachel said...

Soooo following her blog now. TOO FUNNY! :)