Sep 1, 2009

Enough is Enough (Controversy Alert!)

Let's talk about the Duggar family for a minute, shall we? In case you haven't heard of them, they are the annoying people whose main purpose in life is to procreate and then exploit said procreation on a television reality show. Sound familiar (hello Gosselins? Octomom?). But, the difference between the Duggars and the other child-bearing opportunists is that the Duggars do it under the guise of Christianity. As long as they can promote Christianity and their supposed debt-free lifestyle (with credit given to some financial scam seminar they promote) to their viewing audience, then what's the problem?

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar went on the Today show this morning to announce that they are pregnant with their 19th child. Yeah! They believe that each child is a blessing from God and will let Him decide how many children they will ultimately have. Ok, so I agree that each child is a blessing from God, but do they ALL have to be raised by the Duggars? God also blessed them with a brain, why don't they use it more productively?


And furthermore, hasn't this poor woman's uterus been through enough? She claims that she didn't know about this latest pregnancy at first. She was exercising and following Weight Watchers to lose weight from the 18th child and wondered why she couldn't seem to lose any weight. Wait a minute - how in the HELL does this woman have time to diet and exercise??? I don't have time to diet and exercise!!!!! Oh yeah, because each of her older children are assigned a baby to take care of. This frees up Michelle to spend her time brainwashing, I mean teaching, her daughters that their future should consist of nothing but cooking, cleaning and procreating.

Don't get me wrong, as long as these people aren't infringing on my rights and using my taxpaying dollars for their own benefit, then they can do whatever they want. But, how much bad press and negativity did Octomom have to endure while the Duggars always get the royal treatment? Just because the Duggars are married and promote Christianity does not mean what they are doing is ok. These children did not choose to be reality tv stars, nor did they choose to spend their childhood raising their younger siblings. Where should the line be drawn?

Perhaps I'm just a bitter, cynical, cobwebbed womb woman, who knows? What do you think?


P.S. The above gawd-awful picture was taken several years before their reality tv show came about. They have since modernized their look. Perhaps so the American television viewers can better relate?

PhotobucketPhotobucket

23 comments:

Glamour Girl said...

That was a great rant!!!

Mrs. Hanson said...

You know what? I LOVE THIS! I feel the exact same way... they need to stop! Ew.

Their child is having a child too, right?

I absolutely despise them for making the older kids take care of the younger kids... give me a break! The are kids, they should be treated like kids and allowed to live like kids. They shouldn't have to take care of their siblings because their Mom doesn't have enough hands or time to care for all 18 of them.

Unknown said...

Your post is so funny and true- all this time I couldn't figure out just why they irratate me so badly. I used to watch the Gosselin's back before the drama. I'm a reality-tv-junkie but these guys...UGHHH

Anonymous said...

Amen sister. I love it. Keep ranting away! :)

Yankee Girl said...

Im still waiting them to form their own doomsday cult.

They absolutely drive me mad.

Suburban Princess said...

And why is the mom always so happy!?

I totally agree! When does she have time for dieting, exericise AND sex?!?!!?!?

Llama said...

Just let it out girl! Seriously you said what we all want to say when we see that freakin' show! I personally was a HUGE fan of Jon and Kate until it turned into a mess. This show though is just wrong in so many ways.

Anonymous said...

I agree and I won't watch the show.

Life's short. Type fast. said...

I agree completely! I always thought that show was a little absurd! When you have that many children you can't possibly devote time to each one. Did they ever stop to consider what kind of kids they'll raise? Or as long as they're christian it doesn't matter what kind of people they are? Sorry, to go on this little mini rant, but I agree completely with you!

Jenny said...

HOLY CRUD!!! I had not heard about the 19th now! How do the babies not just fall out?? They are CRAZY!!!!!

Unknown said...

My MIL just told me about them. Seriously?! 19 kids. That is just crazy.

Debbie said...

This is ridiculous. Is this that family that also named them all starting with the letter "J"? Jeezus! There, I've just named number 19 for them!

Tracy said...

We are on the same wavelength! I think Michelle needs to have her legs tied together, if nothing else will work. She is an embarrassment to all women who know the proper use of their womb!

MrsMc_B said...

They creep me out! I am glad to know that I am not the only one who feels the same way.

BTW, I tagged you on my blog. Check it out:)

Children of the 90s said...

I mean, I believe everyone's entitled to their own ideas and system of beliefs, but I can't even begin to imagine being pregnant for the whole of my adult life!

She's been pregnant almost continuously for years and years now. Maybe at that point, you don't really know any other way. I have friends who've had 2 babies relatively close together and thought it was too much time pregnant!

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

i FULLY agree. The christianity thing really gets me going.

dangerkitty said...

Great rant! I find the whole Quiverful movement disturbing.

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

Very interesting. Haha, enjoyed your take on it.

Anonymous said...

I saw a story on this family this morning. It's time they both got neutered!!!

Anonymous said...

The Duggars seem J.P.C. & A.

Just plain creepy and annoying!

This blog is awesome! Love the style and the tunes!

Would you like to add one another as followers to help get our name out there in blog world !? :)

Kerree said...

19th! I wouldn't think they could spend much quality time with each child. When will this stop? And you're exactly right when you said about Octomum getting flack and the Duggers don't. I'm not exactly sure why she bothers to diet and exercise. If I knew I was going to get fat again soon I wouldn't even bother. And lets face it, she's on the way to being fat again every couple of months so it seems like a waste to me. I do like the house they built though :)

sarah said...

Everyone needs to shut this f&@^ing garbage off when it comes on television. They have all these weird beliefs but have no problem exploiting their children on TLC. They make me extremely nauseous.

sarah said...

Everyone needs to shut this f&@^ing garbage off when it comes on television. They have all these weird beliefs but have no problem exploiting their children on TLC. They make me extremely nauseous.