- The $12 Face Lift: No, really, it's true! If you have never had your eyebrows professionally done - drop everything right this very instant and get ye to a salon! The cost is between $12 - $15 and most salons have a variety of methods: wax, threading, plucking, etc. In minutes, you will look and feel like a new person. Everyone will notice a difference in your appearance, but they won't know why. After your first professional shaping, it's pretty easy to keep up the look on your own with a good pair of tweezers.
- Stop Fearing the Eyelash Curler: I am always amazed at how many women tell me that they don't, or have never used an eyelash curler. Nothing opens up your eyes more than a quick clamp from this ingenious invention! On low key days, I don't even wear mascara, but I ALWAYS curl my eyelashes. And for special events - don't be afraid to try the faux lashes. There's a reason I look that good in my photos!
- High Heels: I know what you are going to say - "But, I can't walk in high heels! They hurt my feet! Blah blah blah! Etc." I am 5'8" and definitely don't need heels, but I can't live without them. There is nothing sexier than high heels, so get over it people and start practicing your strut!
- Choose Your Clothing Wisely: Know what fabrics, cuts and styles work best for your body and stick with it. There's nothing wrong with trying out new trends, but only stick with the ones that work for you. For instance, I always cringe when the babydoll dress is in fashion. There's nothing worse than a tall curvy girl in a baby doll dress! Side Note - HH and I just saw a commercial for Old Navy's "Slouchy" tshirts. Raise your hand if you want to look "slouchy." Ok, didn't think so. Great job Old Navy!
- Lipstick: Always wear it! So many women think they look "weird" in lipstick. But, the secret is that you don't have to wear a heavy color. I love wearing red lipstick for special occasions, but on a daily basis I like to wear something with just a slight tint. Right now I'm all about Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. It's their famous lip balm with a hint of color in 13 different shades. It feels great on your lips too!
Well, that's all for now my pretties! Feel free to send along your Glamour tips as well and I will post them here. Have a wonderful weekend!
*Disclaimer: These five tips do not guarantee Glamorousness as there are many more secrets to become a true Glamour Girl. But, reading this blog on a daily basis will get you pretty damn close!