- I am trying to be polite and business-like and don't want to come off as a whiny brat
- Work dinners are always late in the evening and I am already starving
- Work dinners always consist of 5,000 people at the same table
- Having 5,000 people in your party always means that it will take 5,000 years to be seated
- Then it takes 5,000 years to order
- Which then means 5,000 more years until your food actually shows up
- By this time I've had approximately 5,000 alcoholic beverages because there is nothing better to do while I wait and endure polite work chatter
- Alcohol makes me even hungrier than I was before
- Everyone else makes comments regarding the fact that I must not be hungry because I'm turning down their offers to eat all of the disgusting crap that they've ordered
- By the time everyone else eats all of MY food, I am: drunk, angry, hungry and tired. And then everyone wonders why I look like I'm in such a bad mood.
So, the moral of the story is - touch my food and I will bite off your hand!
Does anyone else have this problem? Am I just a picky bitch and need to learn to get along better in society? It's ok - you can tell me the truth!