Aug 24, 2009

Yogarazzi

Being the fitness enthusiast that I am - I often try to make it to a lunchtime yoga class at my gym. My type A personality tells me that yoga is boring and a complete waste and that if I actually got my ass to the gym for once I should really be doing straight up cardio the whole time. But the pain in my joints and muscles is telling me that I really need to relax and focus more on stretching and such. Besides, I have totally perfected Child's Pose and Corpse!

I digress. Anyway, so I went today at lunch and the only space left in the studio was right beside the door. I was upside down in one of those embarassing, convoluted positions that not even my own husband has been privy to - and I look up and see a camera in my face. No Joke! There was a woman pointing a camera at me through the narrow window beside the door.

Seriously! It's hard enough just living a normal day without the paparazzi trailing me everywhere I go, hoards of fans wanting my autograph, people interrupting my meals to take pictures with me, etc. I realize I live my life in the spotlight, but is it too much to ask for people to treat me as a human being? I just want to be able to live a normal life and go out in public as I please without feeling as if my privacy has been compromised.

Ok, back to reality:

Right....so, anyway...you probably realize just by glancing at my blog header that I am not camera shy by any means, but this completely threw me off. I figured it was someone taking publicity photos for the gym, but, ummm....I don't recall signing a release form with my membership that mentioned being able to take pictures of my sweaty, nasty, ass and posting them anywhere to lure in new victims, I mean, other individuals devoted to a healthy exercise regimen.

So much for relaxation!

Namaste...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

11 comments:

Yankee Girl said...

That's absolutely crazy! Why would someone do that! They should have at least made you sign a release....

Anonymous said...

wow, that's nuts!!

Life's short. Type fast. said...

ewe that's so weird! i'd be super annoyed if that happened at my gym!

Ebony said...

i have presented you with blog award on my website. thanks for your creativity, glamour girl!

Llama said...

WOw....just a little glimpse into the life of a celebrity and you realized just how hard it may be for them (sometimes). LOL
Did you ever find out why someone was taking pictures out there? I would feel flattered, to a point, then I would just be nervous.
Keep up the yoga...get rid of the paparazzi :)

JennyMac said...

LOL...love that you are superstar! With your own photo crew.

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Thank you for giving me yet another reason to avoid yoga. I kid, I kid - I'm more of a Pilates girl, but I am impressed that you can do photo-worthy yoga moves!

Seriously, though - how weird that person was just taking pictures of you. Those paparazzos are just so persistent!

Glamour Girl said...

Talk about breaking your concentration and relaxation. Yoga should be a vacation for your brain if you can do it right - but NOT when people are staring at you. And NOT when they pull out a camera. I went on a 'vague' vacation this past weekend and spent the entire time avoiding cameras. I've heard I made FB anyway... sigh. But I'm obviously NOT camera shy either... but there are some times it isn't teh best!

Well at least you know you looked hot and were doing it right - correct?

kathcom said...

You must have looked great doing Downward Dog to have people photographing you.

Next time, be a real celebrity and run outside yelling and smash a camera or two. You'll definitely make the front page of your paper and those people will have a great story to tell for life!

Unknown said...

I am not the most graceful yoga poser and there is no way in hell I would let them shoot a picture of me doing yoga.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Oh heck no, I would not be kosher with that!