This is why every weekend I have the perfect workout routine in my head that I promise myself will start on Monday. It's not that I'm lazy or anything - I just HATE working out! I have tried every trick in the book to make myself like exercising, but it's just not so glamorous being red-faced, sweaty and not able to catch my breath.
I do have a gym right across the street from my house that I donate a large sum of money to every month. So, why can't I make myself go?
- Creepy trainer guy will stare at my chest the whole time
- I had a tough day at work, so time for a reward instead of punishment
- I'm too hungry
- I'm too full
- I think my stomach kind of hurts
- I'm on my period
- My period is about to start any second
- I have way too many errands to run
- Did someone say "Girl's Night?"
- Drinking and working out don't mix
- My left pinky toe feels funny, better not make it worse
- Why go today when I can just go tomorrow and work out extra hard?
So, last night when my oh-so-motivated husband came home from work to find me curled up on the couch under a comfy blankie and asked me ever so sweetly, "Will you go to the gym with me?" much in the same way he would ask me on a date, I caved. DAMNIT! He got me! I was back on the hampster wheel before I knew it. Ok, Britney, Fergie, Kayne - you with me? Let's go!